Westbury Care Center, located on the campus of The Devonshire of Lisle offers Alzheimers and Dementia Care as well as Skilled Nursing Care services for seniors
Our care center was purpose-built to respond to the unique health care and lifestyle needs of older adults who can no longer live on their own, yet desire to retain their dignity and personal lifestyle choices without compromise. We help residents achieve their full potential and renew self-esteem with…
- Short-term rehabilitation/therapy
- Respite care
- Sheltered Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Longer-term nursing/supportive care
The Westbury Care Center approach to rehabilitation is a holistic one, encompassing the entire interdisciplinary care team of physicians, nurses, therapists, nutritionists, residents and families. We create an individualized care plan to meet the unique needs of each resident as we help them to achieve optimal health after injury, stroke, surgery or illness. The therapies we use are designed to meet each individual’s needs and help them attain their highest level of independence and self esteem.
We offer four distinctive types of rehabilitation at Westbury Care Center:
- Physical Therapy to improve mobility and muscle strength and foster independence with gait training, lower extremity functioning, balance, orthotics/prosthetics and wound care.
- Occupational Therapy to improve skills that enable patients to complet daily tasks at the highest functional level, including activities of daily living (ADLs), homemaking skills, functional transfers, upper extremity strengthening and splinting/orthotics.
- Speech Therapy for patients with speech, language, communication and swallowing disorders.
- Restorative Nursing, an individualized maintenance program to ensure each resident maintains their maximum potential.
Our professional, caring staff understands how to provide the living experiences to support the physical, emotional and intellectual needs of each resident in a spirit of compassion.
Our Medical Director, Jerome Donnelly, D.O. is board-certified in geriatrics and is certified as a medical director of long-term care facilities. He is on staff at Edward Hinsdale and LaGrange Hospitals.