Memory Care communities, which include Alzheimer's and Dementia care facilities, consist of specially designed living spaces and supporting environments for those who are living with cognitive challenges brought on by Alzheimer's and dementia. These may include carefully considered flooring to reduce problematic patterns for those with Alzheimer's or dementia and wall colors that help them to find the way. The dementia care environment helps cue its residents in their daily lives. Areas of the community are set up for safe engagement in activities such as gardening, kitchen work, and other life skills that provide purposeful and meaningful successful moments.
Clare Bridge Program for Alzheimer's Care and Dementia Care by Brookdale
The Clare Bridge concept was created over 25 years ago and has evolved by continually embracing the latest research in dementia care, coupled with the experience of caring for thousands of people with dementia and their families. Today, Brookdale is one of the leading providers in Alzheimer's care in the United States.
Brookdale Associates are trained in the concept of generating daily moments of success and embrace this promise by offering opportunities for residents to find happiness and meaning that supports their unique needs. The program is deeply rooted in a person-centered approach focused on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose while seeking to preserve a sense of self.
Clare Bridge Training and Behavioral Problem-Solving Programs
All Clare Bridge associates receive ongoing guidance and teaching on the complex task of providing excellent dementia care. Associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach, and care of persons with dementia. In addition, all executive directors attend the Clare Bridge Leadership Competency Training. An established set of protocols and techniques enables associates to better meet the unmet needs that are often triggers of behavioral expressions in persons living with dementia. At Brookdale, we believe in whole-community philosophy that empowers all associates to identify the unmet needs of the resident and their family and be a part of a solution.
Clare Bridge Daily Path
The Clare Bridge Daily Path offers a gentle daily structure consisting of a minimum of six programs per day, which maintain the resident's abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. This daily routine gives residents a sense of security that they are "right where they need to be." Activities can include:
- A morning mental workout with discussions, brain stimulating games, and reminiscing.
- Physical activity with a variety of opportunities like Brookdale's Fitness B Fit program, group exercises, walking programs, and dancing.
- Daily life skills, which provide a sense of purpose, meaning and belonging.
- Person centered programming, which uses the person's social history information as a foundation. By honoring past interests and involvements, these programs tap into current skills and support successful experiences.
- We're Keeping Our Promise personal notes are periodically sent to a family member to communicate their daily moments of success.
Clare Bridge Dining Program
A team of experts specializing in dementia care, culinary arts, and nutrition designed the Clare Bridge Dining Program. This unique dining program gives the residents opportunity to enjoy and master the dining experience with...
- Dementia friendly menus that provide diverse offerings that can assist in full engagement in the dining process regardless of the level of dementia. Selections are easy to manage, familiar and are appealing to the senses.
- Individualized dining assistance preserves the resident's use of utensils as long as possible.
- Small dining rooms with consistent seating, which encourages familiarity and socialization. Music, centerpieces, warm scented wash towels and fresh linens enhance the dining experience.
Learn More About Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
Learn more about the Clare Bridge Program
Warning Signs of Alzheimer's Disease