As the largest private, nonprofit funder of Alzheimer’s research, the Alzheimer’s Association of America is a leader in care and support for sufferers and caregivers. Through local chapters all over the nation, the Alzheimer’s Association can spread their message and services.
Just a few of the many services offered to caregivers by the Alzheimer’s Association of America include:
- Professionally staffed 24/7 helpline that assists more than 250,000 callers annually.
- Over 4,500 different support groups all across the country.
- Online message boards that help connect people across the globe.
- Assistance finding clinical trials for Alzheimer’s care patients.
- 20,000 educational programs offered annually.
- The largest library and resource center devoted to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- A variety of relevant safety services to help sufferers and caregivers.
Not only can caregivers find support, but they can also learn techniques and skills that are helpful in Alzheimer’s care. By learning the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease, sufferers can benefit from early detection and immediate care. The Alzheimer’s Association of America is a leading voice in fighting for research, prevention and care initiatives at the state and federal level.
Alzheimer’s care facilities are a practical way to get the care your loved one deserves. Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease can be a full-time responsibility, but with an assisted living facility Alzheimer’s patients can get the 24-hour care and support they need. Brookdale Senior Living offers Alzheimer’s care facilities all over the United States; find a community near you and your loved one today.
Back to Senior Living Articles